Saturday, November 26, 2011

HOT LEMON AND CINNAMON FONDENT PUDDING



You all almost certainly know the famous, lustful and to-die-for hot chocolate fondent pudding.
Well, i have to admit I truly adore it, but lately I'm not in that chocolatey mood at all. So yesterday evening I thought I'd change it a bit and came up with this lovely and creamy hot lemon fondent pudding. 
I'm so proud of what I baked!

Ingredients for 4 hot lemon puddings

60 g of softened butter
      2 egg yolks
200 g brown sugar (I've used Demerara)
      50 g Corn Flour
finely grated rind and juice from 1 small lemon
200 ml Milk
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or less, depending on one's taste)
a tablespoon of icing sugar for the topping

Preheat the oven to 150 degrees

Cream the butter with the sugar and the ground cinnamon until soft, add the egg yolks and beat together

Add in the corn flour, the grated rind and juice of the lemon, and then the milk. If the mixture appeared lumpy it would be a good idea to smooth it with a mixer. 

Pour the custard into 4 ramekins and bake in the preheated oven for 25 mins, or until just set.

Cool slightly and dredge icing sugar over the top.

15 comments:

  1. Io non amo molto il cioccolato, ma adoro il limone!! proverò questo budino al più presto! grazie e buon we, Ilaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. complimenti sicuramente gustoso buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  3. davvero gustoso, bella presentazione buona serata Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. che delizia...adoro i dolci al cucchiaio al limone sempre geniale!!! buona domenica ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, nice to meet you! follow me if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gemma eccomi qui tra i tuoi sostenitori grazie per avermi fatto conoscere il tuo blog complimentissimi..a presto veronica ti seguo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love your blog...I don't know If I have to write in english or italian..in any case, I'll be your follower from now :-) Bye, Yrma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful recipe!! Your english translation is admirable and challenging, hard work to do!! But I suppose it will gratify you a lot... compliments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. assolutamente super goloso..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...E nel frattempo mi sono iscritta tra i tuoi sostenitori...passa a trovarmi e fai altrettanto se ti va...ti aspetto....stefy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao!!!
    Il tuo blog è bellissimo, mi sono unita ai tuoi followers!! Questa ricetta mi piace molto!!!
    Un abbraccio e a presto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao! Mi chiamo Vica
    Mi sono appena unita al tuo blog, baci

    ReplyDelete